(Last Updated on November 5, 2022)
Is it safe to bet that this is not your first rodeo with trying to achieve a weight loss transformation? Well, you are not alone, 84% of Americans 1 have tried at least one weight-loss method in the past. Click here to find the best weight loss pills.
But what is it about weight loss, especially for women that is so difficult? Why do we find it challenging to follow through a weight loss transformation plan?
The truth is plenty of information on what to do and what not to do to lose weight exists. However, there is not much on the values needed to lose weight successfully.
It’s one thing to know the do’s and don’ts, but it’s an entirely different ball game to understand the guidelines behind these do’s and don’ts.
And that is what we will focus on in this read; the 5 primary values which should be the most effective tips on weight loss transformation for every female.
Read next: 3 Top-Rated Weight Loss Pills In 2021
Tips On Weight Loss Transformation For Women
1. Set SMART goals
What does the end of this weight loss transformation journey look like for you? What do you want to achieve? These are some of the questions to ask yourself when creating your goals.
But you probably already have an idea of that, right? What you might not be aware of is that there is a formula for setting goals for success; SMART goal is the formula
- Specific – what is the exact task(s)?
- Measurable – what is the success tell sign?
- Achievable – can you realistically meet the goal? Be honest.
- Relevant -does the goal contribute to your weight loss transformation?
- Timely – what is the time frame for working on this goal?
Loose 2 kg every month. Walk around the block in 25 minutes daily. Such simple structured goals are some of the most effective goals you can set for your weight loss transformation.
The idea is to plan for the short term then roll it over for several weeks or months to develop your long term goal.
Doesn’t it feel good to tick off a box on your checklist and say done? Then set goals that, although challenge you, still allow you to pat yourself on the back now and then.
2. Think health not size
This is much easier said than done. The initial spark for weight loss transformation for every woman is borne out of the desire to achieve a particular look.
It could be to get a summer body, fit into a specific size of clothes, or just to see a different version of you when you look into the mirror.
And while that is quite okay, it can be very detrimental to your weight loss journey if your sole focus is on size. What happens when you don’t see your waist getting smaller, or your arms getting thinner? You get discouraged, and you fall off the bandwagon.
When your primary focus for losing weight is size, you will find yourself drawn to take drastic measures such as cutting down your food intake by half, working out as if you are in a torture camp, or jumping on the crazy dieting plans.
If you have been down this road before, you know it only ends with you demoralized, giving up and sometimes putting on mere weight that you previously had. So let’s not do that again.
Instead, let your priority throughout this weight loss transformation journey be your health, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Focus on improving your body for the better, to live longer to be happier and to be comfortable in your skin.
Work on your body from the point of love, and when you love yourself, you will take measures such as.
- Limiting your intake of processed foods because they tend to be high in sugar, calories, and sodium, which add no value to your body.
- Focus on consuming whole foods that enrich your body with vitamins, minerals, fiber and proteins that build your body, improve your heart health, and optimize your overall health.
- Regularly drink water because you know staying hydrated is optimal when it comes to keeping your health in check. Also, you should know that drinking even just 500ml of water can increase the number of calories burned by your body in 40 minutes by up to 30% 2.
- Become a mindful eater who is attentive to how the food tastes, smells, and feel to enjoy the meal. This is the trick to make you chew your food slower and take into consideration the size of your food portions.
- Trying out different fitness routines or classes until you find what works best for you because you understand exercise is good for your body and mind.
- Being active helps improve your blood flow, relax your mind, and burn fat, which is critical in your weight loss transformation.
Do not become fixated on the scale; focus on the changes you see, feel, and experience on a daily. It’s the small wins that count.
3. Transition is the secret
Going the cold-turkey way never has and will never work.
It’s easy to decide to quit all your unhealthy eating habits instantly and get on a fitness program immediately. Unfortunately, the sad truth is, it’s impossible. You may succeed for a day, two or even a week, but this success will be short-lived.
Why? Because changing your diet is hard and sticking to a fitness routine is even harder. Quitting cold-turkey is only setting yourself up for failure.
The key to a successful weight loss transformation for any female is to slowly and progressively kick out the bad old habits as you pick up new fitness and healthy habits.
Simply start from your comfort zone and work towards your desired zone by effectively meeting your goals. Here are a few ways on how:
- Love soda? Try sparkling water with crystal light to get you through your cravings as you cut down on carbonated beverages.
- Don’t cut out your favorite meals, instead learn how to make leaner, cleaner, and healthier versions of them or allow yourself a cheat meal once in a while. Try out protein shake recipes that taste just like ice cream.
- Opt to lighten up the carbs instead of ditching them entirely. Go for low- carb options. Practice protein + vegetables on your meal plate only now and then until you get the hang of it.
- Yes, weight training 3is one of the best ways to burn fat and build muscle. However, going in to start with the heaviest weights will do more damage than good to your body, start small and build up the weight as your endurance increases.
These small steps and changes are what total up to the bigger picture. And while you are at it, how about you take some snaps along the way to document just how far you have come.
4. Ask for help
Weight loss is an extremely personal journey for every female.
However, this does not mean you need to go through it all on your own. Going through changes, fighting cravings, and making the tough decisions to work out consistently can all be very draining both emotionally and physically.
This is why it is essential to have a support system that you can fall back on and draw strength from to continue on your weight loss transformation plan.
A functional weight loss support system can include one or all of the following:
An individual or group pursuing weight loss
Working on losing as a team is more comfortable than going about it yourself.
Whether it’s a sibling, partner, or spouse, you get to face and overcome challenges together. Joining a fitness community also allows you to learn the different strategies people are using to get their weight and health in check.
But most of all, pursuing your weight loss transformation as a team or group means you have an accountability partner to ensure you are meeting your goals.
A fitness coach or trainer
For some of us women, we need professional help to achieve the weight loss transformation we desire.
And that is okay. Get yourself a coach who will understand your body, your health, and weight goals and with whom you will develop a plan to get you where you want to go.
Whatever goals you have for your weight loss transformation, there is an app that can assist you.
Want to exercise more? There are plenty of apps that will help you create an effective workout routine and keep you on track.
Want to control your calorie consumption? Get apps that allow you to calculate and track your macros.
Download a step counter app to motivate you always to be active. Technology has provided numerous apps that offer limitless benefits to your weight loss transformation journey, take advantage!
5. Try a fat burner
Sometimes, your effort on diet and exercise may bear no fruit, making you more frustrated with your body than before.
Fat burners are an excellent option to go for. They will fire up your metabolism, lower your cravings, and give you a boost of energy, making it easier to see changes in the body.
The weight loss transformation journey for any female is bound to have its struggles, but it’s good to know you are not alone, and you have someone rooting for you.
High-stress levels significantly increase your risk of weight gain, therefore don’t put excessive pressure on yourself to be perfect.
Everybody has bad days. It’s okay to go out one more night or snuggle in bed even though it is not your rest day if you need it.
Remember to be kind to yourself. And most of all, everything you set out to do to achieve your weight loss transformation, let it come from the point of love and be done in love.