(Last Updated on March 4, 2022)
Premature aging is considered a serious issue among the population today.
Numerous factors have been found to speed up the aging of the skin, leading to the development of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin at a young age.
In the majority of cases where premature aging is noticed, the source for these problems is often tracked down to extensive exposure to the sun, as well as lifestyle factors such as smoking and excessive alcohol usage.
These issues cause people to suffer from a poor body image and often leads to social isolation and social anxiety, as explained by the Journal of Dermatologic Clinics.
Dermawand is an electronic device that has been developed by a dermatologist and engineer, to provide a way for the general population to treat signs of premature aging at home, without the need to undergo invasive treatments that often has a hefty price tag attached.
What Is Dermawand?
Dermawand is, as the name suggests, a wand that utilizes radio frequency technology to provide individuals with a way to do facelifts and keep their skin young at home.
The product takes advantage of the technology that is used by dermatologists, known as big radio frequency.
The difference, however, is that this product has been designed with a modified version of this technology in order to make it safe for home use.
This reduces the risk of experiencing adverse effects that are often seen among patients who opt for treatments that use the original big radio frequency technology.
How Does Dermawand Work?
This product utilizes big radio frequency technology at a reduced amplitude level in order to produce a stimulation to the area where the device is used on the skin.
The stimulation causes a massaging effect on the skin and, at the same time, also provides the user’s skin with thermal energy, as well as enriched oxygen.
The combination of these effects helps to tighten the skin, leading to a reduction in the visible appearance of problems that are mostly associated with age – this includes sagging skin, wrinkles, fine lines, and more.
How To Use Dermawand?
Dermawand has been developed to be easy-to-use.
The manufacturer recommends that customers use it two times each day.
The recommended duration of each at-home treatment is two minutes per session.
To use the device, the user should simply turn it on, switch it to an appropriate power setting and then slowly and gently move it around the areas of their skin where they have noticed signs of aging – this may include their face, neck, chest and even their arms.
Dermawand Side Effects
The company behind this product does not list any side-effects that users should be concerned about.
We did find that some of the people who have used the device in the past experienced some unpleasant side-effects.
There is a small number of people who experienced redness after prolonged use of the device.
One customer mentioned that certain areas of their face become swollen after using the device for several weeks.
There was also some customers who noted that their skin was drier as usual when using the Dermawand product.
Most customers who experienced adverse effects did note that their side-effects cleared up when they stopped using the wand.
It should be noted that DermaWand recommends that the product should be avoided by some people.
In particular, they do not recommend individuals with broken capillaries, or rosacea uses the device.
Additionally, they also advise individuals who are pregnant and those with a pacemaker to avoid using the wand.
Is Dermawand A Scam?
Dermawand has been around for over a decade and has been used by thousands of people throughout the world.
The company that manufactures the product is recognized in the skin care industry.
No evidence may suggest that this product or the manufacturer are scams in any way.
Even though there are a number of unhappy customers, most people who have used the product relies on it daily and believes that it is one of the best tools for maintaining skin that looks young, healthy and smooth.
Dermawand Reviews & Complaints
We found over 1,000 reviews for the Dermawand product on its product listing at Amazon, which offered us a great opportunity to get an overview of how the product has worked for past users.
The more reviews that are available for a product like this, the easier it is to determine if it works and if it can lead to possibly harmful adverse effects.
To provide a fair, unbiased overview of how this product has helped (or not helped) thousands of people who have purchased it before, we would like to share some of the reviews that we were able to find.
Note that we will share both positive and negative reviews to give our readers a clear overview of how people feel about the wand.
Here are some of the positive reviews that we found on the product’s Amazon listing.
User N.G. Kundanancy says:
I bought this from Amazon years ago after watching several infomercials for the device. I had a suspicion that claims about the device were bogus and I was just another sucker who was parted from their money. Imagine my surprise when I actually saw results!
User Jessica E. says:
I’ve only been using this two weeks and already my skin looks better than it has in years! The big line I had between my eyebrows is almost gone.
User Rhonda says:
Bought this to replace one that finally gave out after years of use. I can really tell the difference when I don’t use it. My friends have drooping jawlines and can’t figure out why I don’t! I was asked if I had work done! It is not a drastic change at once. It is over time and helps maintain what you already have.
Now, for some of the less positive reviews.
User NINA says:
I wanted this to work, but it did not. The electric pulse is minimal and so weak it does nothing, even on the highest setting. It does not visibly move the skin at all, and there is almost no effect when you place the point of the Dermawand on your skin. It is a waste of time and money.
User Nickibeach says:
Didn’t work AT ALL. In fact, I think it dried out my skin a little – giving me a few more wrinkles under my eyes. They went away when I stopped using it (I was using it with coconut oil). Aside from that, it just didn’t show any improvement. And I used it specifically on my neck area, as it’s starting to sag & it absolutely nothing for it.
User Auntie says:
This did nothing for me. I used it just as I was supposed to and even more after a while of noticing nothing. It might work for some but was a hit and miss for me.
Dermawand Pros & Cons
- The product is promoted as a cheaper alternative to procedures that can be done by a dermatologist, such as a facelift and botox. When the price of these procedures is compared to the one-time purchase price of this device, it becomes clear that these statements are definitely true – the Dermawand can be picked up for a once-off price that is much lower than a single session of botox or another procedure at a dermatologist that is focused on reducing the signs of premature aging.
- The effectiveness of this wand is backed up over 1000 reviews, most of which are positive and claims that the product works wonders. A significant number of the people who have left reviews on this product claims that they have been using the wand for many years and that it is their “secret tool” to keeping their skin looking young. A large number of reviews provide a useful way for individuals interested in the product to get a good overview of whether this product may work well for them.
- While the wand is similar to some of the procedures that can be obtained from a dermatologist, the technology behind this product is not as intense as the technology used in a dermatologist’s office. This makes the wand a relatively safer option for addressing signs of aging as compared to some of the more powerful devices that dermatologists use.
- The availability of this product is limited to customers who stay in the United States and Canada only when buying from the official suppliers of the product. We did find that there were some unofficial suppliers who sell this product in other countries, but then the price of the product is significantly higher than what it costs when buying the product from the manufacturer’s website or from their listings on the Amazon marketplace. This means that individuals interested in buying this product who does not live in the United States orin Canada will need to pay a higher fee.
- While we did find that most reviews about this product were toward the positive side, we did find a couple of concerning reviews about users experiencing adverse effects when using this device on a daily basis for a few weeks. The product is promoted as a safe and easy way to reduce the visible signs of aging on the skin at home and does not indicate that these side-effects may occur to individuals who are interested in buying the wand.
- The details concerning the pricing of this product are confusing on the product’s official website. When the customer is asked to pick a package, they are informed that they will need to pay a shipping and handling fee, in addition to the price of the product. On another page, the company claims that shipping is free of charge. This is another confusing factor that may cause a customer to find that their order has unexpected fees added.
- Customers will find the fact that some packages come with additional skin care products for free convenient, but it seems like these products do not work particularly well with the wand itself. While one specific product is promoted to be used together with the wand to improve results, many customers have mentioned that the serum does not allow the wand to glide smoothly over the face – these customers found much better products on the market to be used with the wand.
Dermawand Review: Final Verdict
Botox and other procedures have become a popular way to preserve young-looking skin, but costs thousands of dollars.
Dermawand is an electrical stimulation device that provides individuals that are unable to afford such procedures a way to produce similar effects on their skin at home.
The device comes at a relatively affordable price and has thousands of reviews from different sources to back up its effectiveness in reducing the visible signs of aging.
Even though the majority of reviews on the product pages for the Dermawand is positive, we also found many users stating no effect at all.
Additionally, side-effects were mentioned by some past users.
The product seems to work for some people, but might not be a good option for everyone.
It is not safe for all to use, which is why individuals should closely do their research before they decide to buy this product.
So, what do you think about our Dermawand review? Would you buy this product or not? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!